Friday, May 7, 2010

China Glaze Thataway

I received this polish from China Glaze - and two others which are up and coming - to review. Last night I was looking through all of my stash and feeling uninspired when I remembered I'd received these. (I am sorry this took so long!)

I opened up the box which has Thataway, Exceptionally Gifted and Watermelon Rind (saving that one for last - it's my "in the bottle favorite.") and found my inspiration in this frosty shimmering coral.

Full Sun

I thought it was kind of "meh" on the first coat but really liked the formula and the way it applied so neatly. The China Glaze brush is a little skinny but it's workable and I could cover my nail in three strokes. I really got into a zone applying this polish it was so easy to apply! 

Shade

I often find myself drawn to orange polish just because I love the color orange, (I know, I'm weird!) but I just think it's such a happy color. I guess orange is to me what yellow is to many of the people I know. I usually do 3 coats of polish but I'm trying to do a good job on application and see if a polish satisfies my perfection streak with only two coats. This one was really close, so close, I went with two and sealed them with a coat of Seche Vite. 

The above pictures are after a full 24 hours of wear, full mani: 2 coats Borghese Hydrati base coat, 2 coats China Glaze Thataway and 1 coat of Seche Vite. 

As I kept looking at my nails today and enjoying their appearance, it occurred to me why I like this polish so much. It is one of those colors that you might consider an "Old Lady color" but China Glaze has put their signature spin on it to create a frost which isn't too frosty with just the right amount of shimmer. It's a wee bit brush-stroke-y but when applied with care, it appears soft and smooshy with a pretty shimmer. Bonus! It looks great with Olive skin tones like mine!

The Lizard rates this color - Toasty! 

7 comments:

  1. I like it I have that color to

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitly a nice colour! Too bad my skintone doesn't work well with these colours haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one looks wonderfull!!!<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like orange polishes (happy color) but usually they clash with my skintone :-(
    On the contrary, your nails look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a beautiful color, a true gem of China Glaze! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love these colours, i find them so flattering and demure all at the same time!

    xo
    sara

    http://dailypolish.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for Reading my blog and for your feedback! Though I don't always respond, I do read every comment and I love hearing from you! Your suggestions and comments are so appreciated. Thanks for sending them!
If you would like to tell me about your blog and invite me to follow, drop me an email at lacqueredlizard at gmail.com please, no link whoring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...