Saturday, March 6, 2010

Tag - 10 Things That Make Me Happy

I was tagged by Amberski and Toxin for this.  These are the rules: List 10 things that make you happy and link back to the person who tagged you and ten others.  


I love so many more things than just this ten, but these are what popped up for me as I filled this out. I am sure, there are some things that should have made this list but didn't and I'll look at it in a couple weeks and wish I'd included something else...but here it is, as it happened today. 


In no specific order, they are:

1. Riding my bicycle! With all the health issues I've been dealing with, I really miss it. I feel like a kid, so free and alive when I am riding that thing, especially with all the cool trails around here, see my ride to work here and one of my favorite parts here.

2. Nail Polish of course. I've loved it since I was 13 or so, dumped stashes completely and had to start over again. Did it again in 2006 and then I found nail blogs and my collection is the biggest it's ever been, I am an addictive personality and this is my latest addiction, but I can stop anytime I want!  I'm lucky thought, I just paint my nails and they grow. Nothing special required. Don't hate me.

3. The Ocean! I am so happy to live just a minute walk from my front door to the beach. And a couple times a year, I am even closer! My mother's ashes were scattered over the water just outside of the Golden Gate Bridge (it was legal, check into The Neptune Society )  So when I go to the beach, I usually have a chat with Mom. It's been 20 years and I miss her so much even now.

4. Movies. I love being entertained and taken into a different world. I like plays too, but don't get to those as often as I get to see movies. I like books too, if a movie is from a book, I like to see the movie first...that way, I enjoy them both!

5. Wine. I am also known as The Goddess of the Grape because I love a good wine. Good wine isn't necessarily expensive, you just have to understand how to make it work and I know how to work it!

6. Sunshine. I, and some of my family members suffer from SADD and I refuse to invest in a sunlamp when I can have the real thing. There is a REASON I live on the coastal desert. :)

7. My family, all of them, near and far. The ones I got at birth, the ones I got with marriage and the ones I've chosen.

8. My girlfriends.  While husbands and significant others are great, no one "gets" us like our girlfriends. I am planning a girlfriend getaway this year at a nice vacation rental somewhere in the states this year, just a long weekend filled with talking, relaxing, do it yourself spa days and hanging by the pool with a beverage of choice.

9. Camping, I love it so much, I do it everyday!  I look forward to getting this show on the road and seeing the places we can drive to. Then I wanna travel the world, but first, the Americas. :)

10. Music. I sing...constantly. I don't function well without music in the background. I mainly like Rock, classic, metal, heavy metal, but all music appeals to me at some point, depending on my mood and what I'm doing.



I tag:
Emerald Sparkled
Polish Hoarder Disorder
Nailed
Dr. Frankenpolish
Glammed-up
Nail Junkie
jellynat
Polished Lyrics
Tropical Mind
Moonblossom

7 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading this, I love the ocean and good wine too ^_^, thanks for the congrats! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to live by the sea.... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the tag, my dear Liz, looks like fun! I'm going to update my "tags" page as soon as I can, be sure to check it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooooooooooooooooove the ocean. Sadly, I'm terrified, like have nightmares all the time terrified, of sharks, so I don't get in. But I love just being near it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tag! I enjoyed reading your list and making mine today too =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone! Guess I need to post up some more photos of the beach here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a lovely read! This post is like a perfect welcome post for a new follower like me. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for Reading my blog and for your feedback! Though I don't always respond, I do read every comment and I love hearing from you! Your suggestions and comments are so appreciated. Thanks for sending them!
If you would like to tell me about your blog and invite me to follow, drop me an email at lacqueredlizard at gmail.com please, no link whoring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...