Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My first Marble! A Subtle Success?

Thanks to Colette, I finally understand how to do a water-marble mani! Her tutorials are so helpful, watch 'em!
The only thing I do different is I use a small paint brush and paint a thick layer of petroleum jelly all over my finger, around the nail (being careful not to get it on the nail) and also under the nail. This helps with clean up so much - you let the polish dry and then it just wipes right off! Minimal clean-up. I read this tip somewhere and I can't remember where, so if it was your tip, please let me know so I can credit you!

So I wanted to keep it sorta green for Wednesday, and figured, if I do all this work, it's staying on for a day or two! I did a base coat of SH hydrating basecoat then did two coats of China Glaze For Audrey.  I used ChG Adore, Cherish and Metallic Muse and did the drops according to Colette's video tutorials.

It's really subtle, but I like it: these should all be clickable (shade)
This was the first nail I did and I was really happy with the way it turned out...the rest aren't so good, but still, I'm happy.
(sun)

And the full mani in full sun

The hubby and I had dinner at the beach tonight and so he helped me take the photos. :) Yes, that is the ocean in the background. We had over 80 degrees today...unheard of for this time of year. I am NOT complaining!

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think of my second attempt (first successful attempt) at water-marbling.

Enjoy the holiday and celebrate safely. Please, don't drink and drive.

Have a sparkly, shiney day.

13 comments:

  1. Super pretty, congrats on your first succesful attempt!.I watch Colette vids too, she's a sweet heart! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your first marble is beautiful! Great job! I look forward to seeing more gorgeous marbles in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I think you did a fantastic job with it! Very nice indeed! I've been toying with the idea of trying this out myself but uh, I'm very apprehensive about it. :D Thanks for sharing the tip (shared by someone not yet known) about using petroleum jelly around the nails to help with clean up.

    I hope you'll show us more later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You done a good job!
    Lovely colors...

    *thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job, I love the colors =) Marbling is all about practice, not just with marbling the colors but how & where in the design you dip your finger ... keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks excellent. Subtlety is the ultimate elegance.
    Is that the ocean I see on the back? And a sunset on a beach? I could almost smell the sand and hear the waves. Elizabeth.... you're killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! You can also put tape on your finger for easy clean up.

    ♥ SailorWifey

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this, its an unexpected "metallic surprise!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job! I recently discovered water marbling have been doing it like crazy ever since! As Brittany B mentioned, you can use tape to cover the skin/cuticles and it takes the cleanup to ZERO! a little time consuming to get it on every finger if you're doing a full mani, but defintely worth the results. keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for Reading my blog and for your feedback! Though I don't always respond, I do read every comment and I love hearing from you! Your suggestions and comments are so appreciated. Thanks for sending them!
If you would like to tell me about your blog and invite me to follow, drop me an email at lacqueredlizard at gmail.com please, no link whoring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...