Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blast from the Past is a disappointment. :(

So here she is, she's been reformulated or this is a bad fake...so the change isn't as dramatic as it was long ago when I was 18. I am so sad about this and plan to contact the manufacturer to find out if I got a knock off or if they did, in fact change the formula.

I give you Miss Marion "Garnet" She used to dry almost matte and about 5 shades darker than the bottle and you'd think, wth??? But now, that doesn't happen. It does dry about 1 shade darker, but not enough to blow your mind anymore. Here it is: I did 3 coats


The "special" thing about Garnet was the whole put the top coat and watch her shine and transform into this amazing Candy Apple Red. What I got here is more like Candy Tomato Soup. :( So disappointed!!!


There IS a slight difference, left side has no top coat, right side has top coat. Pardon my cotton fuzz, I was seriously swatching my brains out.


I'll let you know what I find out, and hopefully this is a knockoff. What do you think of it?

7 comments:

  1. I think that it is still pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just off the phone with them, they say the company I purchased this from isn't authorized and hasn't purchased stock in the last 3 years...so this is old polish...but still...it's just not the polish I remember so I'm going to get some direct from the manufacturer and try again. Anyone out there have this in their stash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of this brand before...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this brand before so have nothing to compare it to. I will say that I absolutely love this color tho. Wish I could find it somewhere. Your nails are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colour, but if you were going for candy apple red, I can see why you're disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of this brand before either. It looks great on you though! I can't carry those orange reds. With my olive skin they just don't seem to work. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this brand either. Like the shade. Does look like tomato soup! Pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Thanks for Reading my blog and for your feedback! Though I don't always respond, I do read every comment and I love hearing from you! Your suggestions and comments are so appreciated. Thanks for sending them!
If you would like to tell me about your blog and invite me to follow, drop me an email at lacqueredlizard at gmail.com please, no link whoring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...